Benefits of “Cabover” RVs
The benefits to you, the customer, operating a cabover motorhome from Cruise America compared to a bus style motorhome.
A Cabover (Class C) Motorhome:
- It has more real sleeping capacity than a "bus" style motorhome, due to the spacious queen size cabover bed. Two full beds are ready to use immediately without folding down or adjusting interior furniture.
- With more sleeping capacity, allows a family to rent a smaller sized cabover motorhome at lower rental rates, saving family vacation dollars. Plus, mileage rates are generally lower with a cabover motorhome.
- Is much easier to drive, park, and maneuver in tight areas such as campgrounds. This feature is very important for the 1st time renter. Our customers report feeling more comfortable and familiar with driving the more "automatic" cabover motorhome.
- As per our internal statistics, is less prone to accidents involving third parties and to vehicle damage. We know since we formerly rented "bus" style motorhomes.
- Sports better fuel economy than an equivalent bus style motorhome – up to 15 percent better.
- Is easier to handle and drive in windy conditions due to lower overall vehicle profile. All renters really appreciate this feature!
- It has easier access with three separate entry doors, compared to one door commonly found on bus style motorhomes.
- With less interior volume to cool in the cab area during summer travel, has better driving comfort, as reported by customers. Uses less generator time to power the roof A/C, and consequently experiences less fuel expense.
- Has higher, more reliable, chassis factory component content that means less interruption, and is generally easier to maintain and keep on the road. For example, a rock hits the windshield while driving, a cabover motorhome's windshield is simple and easy to replace at thousands of nationwide service outlets. Bus style windshields are not readily available over the road. Same conditions apply to service items, such as windshield wiper blades.
- As a "van" based RV, has more readily available over the road service, as are service part items such as filters, belts, headlights, and other cab related items more readily available.
- With lower profile, has easier entry/egress to vehicle along with the convenience of driver and passenger cab doors.
- It is quieter when driving, as the cab area "insulates" driver and passenger from over the road noise.