Pet-Friendly Lodging is Yours with Cruise America
Do you love pets? Dreaming of the ideal RV vacation? Then there's good news - it's possible to have the best of both worlds.
At Cruise America, we're pet lovers, too! We understand that families want to share their vacations with their pets, particularly dogs and cats. That's why our pet-friendly RV rental policy lets you keep the whole family together. We only ask that you return your RV rental in its original condition - and clean up after your pets. With Cruise America, pet-friendly RV rental is that simple.
And when it comes to pet-friendly lodging, nothing beats an RV for comfort and convenience. Many RV parks also offer amenities designed just for dog-friendly vacations, such as walking trails, open play areas and fenced-in dog runs.
Before you book your pet-friendly lodging, make sure you read up on park rules. For example, some parks do not allow certain breeds. Others may be wary of allowing larger dogs, or ask that pet owners keep their dogs on leashes at all times. It's a good idea to contact the RV park in advance and describe the four-legged friends who are along for the ride. You'll get a better idea of just how friendly their pet-friendly lodging policy might be.
More Ideas for Pet-Friendly Vacations
Let's say you've made your pet-friendly lodging plans. What's next? Dig around online a bit and you'll find a world of exciting activities and thoughtful amenities designed just for dog-friendly vacations. Here are just a few highlights:
- Along the Chicago lakefront, Mercury Skyline Cruises offers a 90-minute Canine Cruise on summer Sundays.
- For a new twist on the doggie paddle, take your canine kayaking on California's Lake Tahoe or down the Shenandoah River in Virginia.
- San Diego's Ocean Beach is home to the famous Dog Beach, located at the north end of the beach. Dogs can roam free around the clock!
- Major amusement parks such as Disneyland, Sea World and Busch Gardens offer short-term pet lodging in their day kennels.
- While national parks typically place restrictions on where you can take your dog, some popular destinations offer plenty of pet-friendly areas. At the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, leashed pets are permitted on trails located above the rim and in developed areas. At Maine's Arcadia National Park, leashed dogs are allowed on most of the park's 100 miles of hiking trails and 45 miles of carriage roads.
When you choose Cruise America, it's perfectly fine to let your vacation go to the dogs - or cats! With Cruise America, every member of the family gets to come along. Visit one of our 119 locations nationwide, and book your pet-friendly RV rental today.