Image Credit: Insta User @coupleonthemap
Spring is finally here, and you know what that means? That’s right – gorgeous flowers, warming temps, adorable baby bunnies and the start to camping season! If you fell out of the camping habit during the colder months, now is the perfect time to dust off your gear – and your adventurous spirit – and set out on an RV adventure. Here are a couple of ideas to get your planning juices flowing.
‘Tis the season for spring cleaning. Make sure your camping gear and your RV are in tip-top shape with this pre-camping checklist:
- Take Inventory – Take out all of your camping gear – from cookware and sleeping bags to hiking boots and hammocks – and see what needs a good cleaning … and what needs to be replaced. This is the perfect time to get rid of hiking socks with holes, that hiking pole that no longer telescopes out and that rusty teapot. By not waiting until the night before your next trip, you can take a little time to shop the sales online or at the next REI Garage Sale.
- Do a Walk Through – If you own an RV, give it a thorough inspection every spring. Make a list of all of the things that need to be cleaned, note any necessary maintenance items and take advantage of these RV storage hacks to spruce up some areas that need a little organization.
- Deep Clean – Give your camping gear and RV a deep cleaning. It’s tempting to wait until you’re getting ready to leave for your trip to worry about this step. But just imagine how nice it will be to pick up and go RV camping whenever you want without having to worry about this necessary chore. Keep in mind that a lot of camping gear requires special cleaning instructions – be sure to look up your specific gear for details to make sure you are taking the best care of your stuff.
Image Credit: Insta User @f_o_n_z
Life gets busy, so we’ve found that we are most likely to actually go on our outdoor adventures when we set a date for our next trip. And it’s been our experience that a little preparation goes a long way in planning a successful RV road trip. Here are a couple of things to consider while you’re in the planning stage of Operation Adventure:
- Book Ahead of Time – If you know you’re going RV camping during popular times –Summer Break, the 4th of July weekend, Fall Break – we recommend reserving your RV rental in advance. That way, you can lock in the best prices and ensure that the RV rental vehicle you want is available.
- Look for Campground Deals – The only thing better than a deal is something for free. Check out these resources for finding free RV campsites in your area.
- Branch Out – We all have our go-to campsites. But maybe a new, less-traveled destination is the perfect way to breathe new life into your outdoor adventuring. Check out our RV campsite finder for great, new destinations.
Image Credit: Insta User @harkanfilms & @kaylordastrup
The biggest key to having an awesome RV road trip? Get out there and do it! Embrace our motto of #BeThereNow and reserve your RV rental today. We’ll see you on the road!