Five stops to make with RV rentals: Michigan's Blue Coast. Michigan is famous for two things - music and motors. But away from the hustle and bustle of Detroit, the landscape gives way to a fascinating array of historic spots, charming towns, beautiful coastline and back roads that just beg to be driven.
Of course, the first step to making any trip a reality is planning how to get there. And with beautiful open roads - and a limited number of accommodations ahead of you - Cruise America's RV rentals in Michigan provide comfort, convenience and plenty of windows to take in the views.
LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN
From the captain's chair of one of our RV rentals, Michigan will open up before you. Put Detroit behind you and follow the Blue Star Memorial Highway toward the towns of Saugatuck, South Haven and Fennville, where in four to five days you can discover the beauty of life along Lake Michigan's shoreline.
Ready to head out with one of our RV rentals? Michigan has plenty of attractions for the history buff and the outdoorsman alike. Five places not to be missed on your journey include:
- Oval Beach, Saugatuck. Beautiful sandy beach in pristine condition. Voted among the world's top-25 shorelines by Traveler Magazine.
- Van Buren State Park, South Haven. Approximately 400 acres along the Lake Michigan shoreline. Features high dune formations, hunting grounds, swimming, playgrounds, metal detection area and two trails available for hiking, biking, horseback riding, cross country skiing and snowmobiling. Campers can use their Michigan RV rentals or tents to overnight in the park.
- McIntosh Apple Orchards, Cider Mill & Winery, South Haven. Highlights include a u-pick orchard, market, cidery tours, local wines and more.
- Fernwood Farm and Khnemu Studio, Fennville. An 1890s farm estate on 30 acres featuring an original farm house, resident farm animals, post-and-beam barn - which is now the working studio of ceramic/clay artist Dawn Soltysiak - a period 40-foot Aer-motor windmill, plus a contemporary fine art and craft gallery that shows works from regional and national artists.
- Big Lake Outfitters, Saugatuck. Shop offers fishing supplies, charter fishing expeditions, rental boats, kayaks, bikes and more.
BEYOND THE SHORE: EXTENDING YOUR MICHIGAN RV ADVENTURE
If you have more than four or five days to spend with your RV rental, Michigan doesn't have to be your only stop. Instead, travel beyond its borders in comfort and style. Just let us know how long you'll be gone and hit the open road! Go ahead, drive up to Toronto, or even head west to California. Our vacations ideas are endless - and so are the possibilities.