It’s no surprise that Florida’s Anastasia State Park has been described by the Travel + Leisure Magazine as “one of America’s prettiest beach campsites.” Located in St. Augustine, Florida, the park is home to over 1,600 acres of unspoiled sandy beaches, abundant wildlife, and a multitude of outdoor activities.
RV camping near Anastasia Park allows visitors to enjoy the sensational experience that this scenic location offers. With multiple campgrounds available, suited to meet the desires of campers and their families, Anastasia State Park attracts people from around the country. Continue reading to learn about the unique culture and adventures that lie within Anastasia State Park.
Anastasia State Park Facts
Before ramping up the RV and embarking to one of America’s favorite beach towns, become familiar with some interesting Anastasia State Park facts and its surrounding areas to get the most out of this coastal paradise.
- Spanish conquistador Pedro Menéndez de Avilés founded Presidio of San Agustin (later known as St. Augustine) in 1565.
- Anastasia State Park was acquired by Florida in 1949.
- In 1964, after Hurricane Dora battered St. Augustine, enough sand was deposited between Conch Island and Anastasia Island, forming what is now Anastasia State Park.
- To date, St. Augustine remains the oldest permanent European settlement in North America.
- Anastasia State Park is considered one of the state’s most popular bird-watching locations, with over 200 bird species surrounding the park.
Best Anastasia State Park RV Parks and Campgrounds
You’ve got some fun facts at the ready. Now, up your knowledge of the best RV campgrounds in Anastasia State Park. To help future adventurers get the most out of their time at this coastal paradise, we went ahead and selected the top five Anastasia State Park RV campgrounds as well as some nearby options.
Compass RV Resort
For those concerned about proximity, look no further than the Compass RV Resort. Located just 15 minutes southwest of St. Augustine, this resort has just about everything needed to experience a luxurious camping adventure. Visitors get access to a fitness center, clubhouse, planned activities, hiking trails, and even a shuttle service. It’s safe to say that this is a prime location for RV camping near Anastasia State Park.
168 RV sites
More Information: Compass RV Resort
North Beach Campground
There’s nothing quite like a private campground with beautiful scenery, moss-covered oaks, and well-maintained cabins to ease a camping experience. At North Beach Beach, visitors get access to all this, plus RV replacement equipment and access to hiking trails.
162 RV sites
More Information: North Beach Campground
Stagecoach RV Park
Operating as a family-owned campground since 1985, Stagecoach RV Park prides itself on its commitment to providing a relaxing and stable outdoor setting coupled with affordable prices. Along with amenities such as RV sites, modern bathhouses, and sports activities, the campground also includes a dog park for those four-legged bundles of joy
to roam around in!
80 RV sites
More Information: Stagecoach RV Park
Beverly Beach Camptown RV Resort
For those looking for a campground site that offers a spectacular view of the Atlantic ocean coupled with beach walkaways, the Stagecoach RV Park is an ideal campground. Come and enjoy multiple water sports, such as boating and fishing. Along with access to free WiFi and cable TV, this campground also offers Seaside cabins and is located near golf courses. An Anastasia State Park camping experience has never been easier.
80 RV sites
More Information: Beverly Beach Camptown RV Resort
Bulow RV Resort
RV camping near Anastasia State Park would not be complete without mentioning Bulow RV Resort. Described as a “water lover’s paradise,” Bulow RV Resort campground stands out due to its close-knit community coupled with multiple recreational activities. Whether it’s fishing, cycling, horseshoes, or volleyball, there’s no shortage of ways to have a memorable experience.
385 RV sites
More Information: Bulow RV Resort
Best Time To Visit Anastasia State Park For RV Camping
Deciding on the best time
to visit Anastasia State Park is equally as important as all other decisions when organizing a vacation. While there’s no straight answer to this question, this handy guide to the seasons will help you plan your upcoming adventure. Here are some factors to consider while deciding on the best time to visit Anastasia State Park.
The winter season is marked by temperatures hovering between 60 and 65 degrees Fahrenheit with mostly clear, sunny skies. Visitors can still enjoy any outdoor activity at the park without worrying about humidity or the heat. Keep in mind, occasional cold snaps may occur, which can drop temperatures into the 40s or 30s, so be sure to pack a light jacket and get comfortable camping in cold weather
Given that Florida is nicknamed “The Sunshine State,” it’s no surprise that the state hovers around the mid-70s with occasional highs in the 80s during the spring. By mid-April, most visitors from the north, nicknamed the “Snowbirds,” begin to head back north, which means fewer crowds and more access to the Anastasia campgrounds. For those looking to avoid the crowds
at Anastasia State Park, visiting in the late spring is the best choice.
Visitors can treat themselves to multiple aquatic adventures that Anastasia State Park offers, such as kayaking, surfing, and canoeing during the summer. While the temperatures may stabilize at a range between 80 and 90 degrees, the humidity can take a toll on visitors, so preparation for mosquitoes and other insects is critical. It’s also crucial to consider the hurricane season, which typically lasts between June and November.
Unlike other seasons, fall isn’t known for having consistent weather. The weather can be quite unpredictable, ranging from sudden spikes in temperature to cold snaps, so it’s important to plan accordingly. Regardless, visitors can still enjoy the multitude of outdoor adventures offered at the park. Consider taking up cycling or go hiking on any of the park trails for a pleasant afternoon.
Things to Do in Anastasia State Park
There’s always something to do in Anastasia State Park. This unique coastal locale is filled with a multitude of outdoor adventures and activities for visitors to embark on. Visitors will soon discover that a trip to Anastasia State Park is unlike any other. Here’s a list of some of the most popular things to do in Anastasia State Park.
- Camping: With 139 campsites for RVs located within walking distance of the beach, it’s no surprise that RV camping in Anastasia State Park is a true camper’s paradise. With basic camping necessities such as electricity, visitors will experience an authentic camping adventure with all the amenities. It’s no wonder why Anastasia State Park RV campgrounds are beloved.
- Bicycling: Bicycling is, without a doubt, an excellent way to explore both the park and the historic city of St. Augustine. With multiple bike lanes near the beach as well as group tours available, it’s no surprise that bicycling is on this list. Don’t have a set of wheels? Check out some rental bikes.
- Paddling: Paddle to an adventure of a lifetime by exploring the Salt Run lagoon. Visitors can surround themselves with the sights, sounds, and smells of the gentle waters. Canoes are available for renting as well.
- Hiking: Explore the vast trails that Anastasia State Park has to offer. On the Ancient Dunes Trail, hikers can experience four miles of pristine beach. The trail also serves as the park’s official trail. Visitors can also explore the Cape Francis Beach Walk as well as the Spanish Quarry.
- Picnicking: Anastasia State Park has three picnic areas accessible for visitors—the Hilltop area, the Watersports Picnic Pavilion, and Sea Turtle Picnic Pavilion. Best of all, all areas are located by the ocean, which means visitors can experience the soothing sounds that come with the waves.
Tips on Visiting Anastasia State Park
Those planning on visiting Anastasia State Park sometime in the future should take advantage of these handy park rules
- Reservations can be made anytime between the day before and 11 months before arrival.
- Service animals are allowed in all areas of the park, whereas pets are only allowed in designated areas.
- Wildlife in and around the park is NOT to be disturbed.
- A fishing license may be required for those planning on fishing anywhere in the park.
- By law, helmets are required for cyclists under the age of 16.
- The maximum RV length allowed in Anastasia State Park RV campgrounds is 38 ft.
- For RV rental Anastasia State Park needs, know that there are 80 campgrounds open specifically for RVs.
Embark on Your Anastasia Adventure with Cruise America
Now that we’ve covered Anastasia State Park, it’s time to pick a ride! Cruise America is dedicated to providing adventurers with the comfort of a lifetime as they embark on a cross-country adventure, exploring the vast wonders of the country.
Whether it’s exploring the beautiful mountains in the southwest region, touring our country’s national parks, or roaming the beaches in Florida, Cruise America offers multiple RV rentals customized to meet the needs and desires of future adventurers. It’s like home on the road.
Browse the RV Rentals
at Cruise America today and get started on an adventure of a lifetime!