So you're thinking about going camping –– how exciting! You've got all your RV camping essentials prepared, and you're ready to hit the road. After researching the best places to go hiking and camping, you've decided to head out to Sylvan Lake State Park in Eagle, Colorado. But there's one thing you're still pondering: what are you going to eat that will align with your camping style and keto diet?
Read on to learn more about keto camping meals and snacks that will help you stay full on your next camping trip.
What types of meals are considered keto?
First, let's discuss what types of camping meals are even considered keto so you can properly prepare your camping meal plan. Keto foods are low in carbs, moderate in proteins, and high in fat.
The keto diet generally includes red meat, poultry with the skin on (but not fried or breaded), fish (preferably wild caught), low-sugar fruits like avocado, and low-carb vegetables that are steamed or sautéed in oil.
When you think about which types of meals you should have on your camping menu, you should include low-carb camping food such as healthy snacks that will stay fresh.
Knowing this information about keto camping recipes will make your camping trip much smoother and healthier! Read on to learn some breakfast, lunch, and dinner keto camping recipes.
Enriching Keto Camping Meals for Breakfast
The following low-carb breakfast recipes are perfect for any keto camper's outdoor adventure. Check out these simple, keto-friendly recipes for breakfast.
1. Coffee Cake Muffins
Coffee cake muffins are one of those desserts that everyone will love, low-carb or not! This keto coffee cake recipe is definitely a low-carb breakfast staple.
- 2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup sweetener
- 1/4 cup whey protein powder
- 3 tablespoon coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- And more! For the full list of ingredients, review this keto camping recipe on alldayidreamaboutfood.com.
2. Low-Carb Granola Bars
What low-carb camping food list would be complete without granola bars? These paleo-friendly keto granola bars are perfect to store in your backpack for an on-the-go low-carb snack that can provide ample nutrition.
- Dark chocolate chips
- Almond butter
- Shredded coconut
- Sea salt
- And more! For the full list of ingredients, review this keto camping recipe on wholesomeyum.com.
3. Avocado Egg Bake
This keto avocado egg bake is a quick and simple low-carb camping meal idea. It's both low in calories and low in ingredients.
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, or to taste (optional)
- And more! For the full list of ingredients, review this keto camping recipe on allrecipes.com.
High-Energy Keto Camping Meals for Lunch
The high-energy, low-carb camping foods you choose for lunch should include keto meals that can be prepared quickly.
These keto camping lunches are perfect if you're planning a day of hiking or biking on the trails. Keep those energy levels high as you embrace the wilderness.
1. Zucchini Pasta Salad
This keto-friendly zucchini pasta salad is packed with protein and has an amazing dressing! Don't forget to pack the ingredients for this camping food staple before you go on your trip.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 10 ounce spiralized zucchini
- 1/3 cup unsweetened salad dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped olives
- And more! For the full list of ingredients, review this keto camping recipe on staysnatched.com.
2. Tuna Salad
Tuna salad is a great high-protein choice for lunch. This low-carb tuna salad recipe is packed with fresh ingredients and only takes minutes to make! Pack the ingredients before heading out on your trip, and enjoy it as a sandwich or alone.
- 2 5-ounce cans tuna packed in water, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or less, to taste
- 1/4 cup celery finely chopped, about 1 rib
- 1/2 tablespoon dill relish
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice fresh
- And more! For the full list of ingredients for this low-carb camping meal, visit 40aprons.com.
3. Sausage and Peppers
This keto camping meal is packed with protein and flavor! Make this lunch for a nice break before enjoying more time on the water or deep in the forest.
- 1 pound italian sausage links mild or hot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion sliced
- 1 cup red onion sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- And more! For the full list of ingredients for this high-energy keto camping meal, visit thekelliekitchen.com.
Low-Carb Keto Camping Meals for Dinner
One of the most important things to remember is that keto-friendly meals are filled with fats, low in carbohydrates, and low in sugar. Remember, when packing your low-carb camping food, it's best to make meals that that don’t require too many steps.
1. Paleo Spaghetti Squash Casserole
This low-carb keto camping meal is deliciously simple and easy to pack! Make this scrumptious spaghetti squash casserole around the fire for a nice end to your day.
- 1 medium/large spaghetti squash
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- And more! For the full details of ingredients for this keto camping dinner, visit thehealthyconsultant.com.
2. Vegan Soup
This keto camping meal is very low in carbs and high in flavor! Enjoy this meal on a chilly night around the campfire with family or friends. It’s sure to be a crowd favorite!
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 large bell peppers
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- And more! For the full recipe and list of ingredients, visit wholesomeyum.com.
3. Paleo Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
This keto camping meal is almost as easy to make as it is tasty! Enjoy this low-carb paleo beef and broccoli stir fry for a protein-packed, simple dinner.
- 1 pound flat iron steak
- 1/2 pound broccoli
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- And more! For the complete recipe, visit noshtastic.com.
Keto Camping Snacks and Dessert Ideas
When going camping, it's important to bring plenty of keto snacks to keep you filled with energy on your adventures. These will be easy-to-grab items you can take along while hiking, biking, horseback riding, and more.
Here are some of our favorite keto-friendly camping snacks:
- Beef jerky
- Coconut chips
- Kale chips
- For more, check out this list of 21 keto snacks from healthline.com.
We hope this guide to keto camping recipes was helpful for planning your next camping trip. Pick up a Cruise America RV rental for a comfortable and unforgettable road trip. Contact us for more information or pick up a rental at one of our many convenient locations!