Spring is officially here, which means that warm weather, blue skies and endless summer adventures are right around the corner. Did you already buy an RV? Before you embark on your next RV road trip, get your vehicle in tip top shape with a deep cleaning. Here is our ultimate spring cleaning checklist for RV owners.
When tackling the inside of your RV, it’s best to create an overall game plan and specify what tasks need to be done in each space. Other than basic necessities such as dusting the nooks and crannies, disinfecting the countertops and vacuuming the floors, here are a few things to remember when cleaning your RV’s interior:
- Wipe down all kitchen appliances including the refrigerator, microwave and stovetop with all-purpose cleaner
- Toss out all expired food and drinks in the refrigerator, cabinets and pantries
- Clean all shelves, drawers and cabinets with soap and water
- Wipe down all countertops with disinfecting wipes
- Empty the sewage tank
- Scrub all bathroom features including the shower, toilet, countertops and sink with all-purpose cleaner
- Wash bathroom towels
- Strip the mattress and wash all comforters, sheets and pillowcases
- Wash mattress pad, if applicable
- Wipe down all windows with all-purpose cleaner and then dry with newspaper for a streak-free shine
- Clean ceiling fans with soap and water
- Vacuum and mop the floors
- Empty all trash cans
- Wash any other cushions, pillows, blankets and other linens inside the vehicle
*Pro Tip: Leave your windows and doors open while you clean to filter in some fresh air.
Now that your interior is spic and span, it’s time to move outside. Here are a few tips for cleaning the outside of your RV:
- Wash entire exterior and roof with commercial auto cleaning product. Use a brush with an extendable handle to help you reach the top of your rig. (Pro tip: While cleaning the roof, be sure to check for any cracks, leaks or air conditioning unit damage.)
- Remove any stains from canopies, awnings and pop-up tents
- Scrub tires with soap and water
- Clean and organize basement compartments
Always Remember and Never Forget
While it’s not necessarily on the spring cleaning agenda, remember to check the engine and other essential systems to make sure everything is running properly. Staying on top of your RV maintenance schedule will ensure your rig stays in tip-top shape for years to come!
If you haven’t bought an RV yet but are thinking about it, here are a few good things to consider before buying an RV. Or you can just give us a ring at 1-800-671-8042 – we’d love to hear from you!