Virginia should be at the top of your list as you consider your next trip in a Cruise America RV rental. The decision to visit Virginia is easy; the hard part lies in selecting from the many enticing options this state has to offer—rich history, stunning natural beauty, shopping galore with a variety of outlets and boutiques, and miles of beautiful coastline, to name a few. Rent a motorhome in Virginia, and it will give you the opportunity to take it all in while traveling in comfort and style. Be sure to check out these top things to do and see while you’re cruising in your RV rental!
Arlington National Cemetery
- Northern Virginia’s most popular attraction and a definite must see. There are more than 400,000 service members, veterans and their families that are buried there. Walk through the 612-acre national cemetery and discover the graves of Presidents William Howard Taft and John F. Kennedy. Make sure to hop in your RV rental and visit the nearby Iwo Jima Memorial, which honors marines who have died defending the US since 1775.
Mount Vernon Estate and Gardens
- Visit the gorgeous home of our nation’s first president, George Washington, located along the beautiful shores of the Potomac River. Programs and events for all ages are offered throughout the year, and tours of the estate are offered daily.
- Head to Charlottesville in your RV rental and visit the plantation home of Thomas Jefferson, the father of invention. Situated on 5,000 acres, Jefferson designed the stunning plantation home using neoclassical design principals. It contains 11,000 square feet of living space. Discover Jefferson’s lifelong interest in gardening, botany and agriculture while taking in the beauty and diversity of the grounds.
- Explore the world of Jamestown, America’s first permanent English colony. Film, gallery exhibits and outdoor living history tell the story of 17 th -century Virginia, from the arrival of the English colonists to the cultural encounters and events that went into creating a new nation. No matter what time of year you choose to travel in your Cruise America RV, tours are available daily.
Great Falls National Park
- Cruise through one of the most spectacular landmarks in Virginia. This 800-acre park, located along the Potomac River, is ideal for taking in views and a variety of activities including hiking, picnicking, kayaking, rock climbing and horseback riding. Situate your motorhome rental at one of the many nearby campsites, the closest one being Lake Fairfax Park, which is open year-round.
Steven F. Udvar Hazy Center
- Take in Northern Virginia’s Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. Located adjacent to the Dulles International Airport, come explore the massive space shuttle Discovery, along with numerous other spacecrafts and artifacts. There’s also an IMAX theatre, simulator activities and a variety of exhibits for kids.
Wolf Trap National Park
- For fun and entertainment, cruise down to America’s National Park for Performing Arts, and take in a wide range of performances ranging from pop and folk to dance and theater. Performances and educational programs are offered year-round.
- Known as the ‘Birthplace of American Cuisine’, Virginia is known for being the oyster capital of the East Coast and a top ten wine destination in the world. No matter where your Cruise America RV takes you in Virginia, you will find food by acclaimed Virginia chefs, at charming local eateries. And, with over 300 wineries within the Commonwealth, you’re sure to find a gorgeous location to enjoy a glass of Virginia wine.
Buggs Island Lake
- Travel to Southern Virginia and visit John H. Kerr Resevoir/Buggs Island Lake, made up of more than 50,000 acres of fresh water and over 800 stunning miles of beautiful shoreline. Explore the lake by skiing, fishing, sailing or swimming. Also offered are camping, hiking, bicycling, hunting and golfing.
Potomac Mills Shopping
- Located in Prince William, Potomac Mills is one of the best shopping centers in the region and has a combination of traditional mall stores with a selection of outlet shops. There are 211 outlet stores to choose from, from top designers and name brands including Coach, Armani Exchange, and Pandora.
This is only a small fraction of the incredible sites and activities that Virginia has to offer. The best way to take in the sights of this state is through your Cruise America RV rental, which allows you the flexibility to travel to multiple destinations while enjoying the beautiful scenery along the way.
Have you always wanted to own your RV? There's no better way to buy. At Cruise America, we have a vast amount of used RVs for sale
. All of our units have maintenance records and are designed to be some of the very best motorhomes in the industry.